Honestly, you wont believe how good this is until you try it!! Also its actually a very healthy well balanced meal. Its also a salad that you can eat with boys as it contains a decent amount of meat and is therefore filling enough that they wont complain they are still hungry. (If in doubt, and you are eating with some particularly ravenous boys, throw in a loaf of fresh bread as a side.)
Ok, so what you'll need to make this delightful salad (for 2 hungry people) is:
- Chorizo, 120g;
- 3-4 Small-medium Potatoes;
- Bag of Mixed Leaf Rocket Salad;
- 12 Kalamata Olives (or other black olives);
- tsp Oregano ;
- tsp of Chilli Flakes;
- 1/3 tsp of Cayenne Pepper;
- Dash of Lemon Juice;
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin;
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper;
- Butter; and
- Balsamic Glaze to drizzle as a dressing.
Now you've collected together what you need, this is the easiest thing to make.
1. First cut your potatoes into little bite sized chunks and throw into a pan of boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes or until mostly cooked. Then drain and throw into a frying pan with a small knob of butter on medium heat.
2. Then chop up your chorizo into bite sized chunks. Keep turning the potatoes untill the begin to brown.
3. When the potatoes are looking golden, add the oregano, chilli, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix up so the potatoes are evenly coated then add the chorizo to the pan.
4. While the chorizo browns, put a couple of handfuls of the salad into two bowls and scatter the olives across it along with a little drizzle of the balsamic glaze.
5. When the chorizo is crispy on the outside, take off the heat and divide the potatoes and chorizo between the two plates. Serve Immediately before the salad wilts.
6. Enjoy! I suggest an accompaniment of sangria or a light red wine :)