So this evening, when my friend hinted at me making a dessert for after dinner, jam roly poly popped into my mind I thought "hang on... lets take this to the next level and make a seriously easy posh dessert..." and hey presto the cinnamon roly poly was born.
What you'll need:
- Either find a recipe for short crust pastry and the ingredients on that OR pre-made short crust. (Today I just used shop bought pastry - fast and fuss free :) )
- Light Brown Sugar;
- Icing Sugar;
- Handful of Pecan Nuts; and
- Can of Light Squirty Cream.
What you do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 170C, clean down your work surface and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Roll out your pastry into a rectangle that is twice as wide as it is long.
- Dust the pastry with icing sugar then sprinkle generously with cinnamon and light brown sugar leaving an inch and a half at one end with nothing on.
- Melt a large knob of butter in a microwavable bowl.
- Pour the butter out on the pastry.
- With the back of a spoon mix the butter with the sugar and cinnamon to make a thick paste, again assuring that one end has nothing on. Try to ensure the paste evenly covers the pastry.
- Roll up the pastry from one side to another starting with the end where the paste goes right up to the edge.
- Pop onto and oven tray and leave for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- When done, slice and serve with cream sprinkled with pecan nuts.
- Enjoy :)