What you'll need to make the cake is:
- 3 Eggs;
- 6 oz Self-Raising Flour;
- 6 oz Caster Sugar;
- 6 oz Butter;
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder; and
- a dash of Vanilla Essence.
For the Filling you will need:
- 100g Butter;
- 200g Icing Sugar; and
- Strawberry Jam.
So what you need to do is:
- Preheat your oven to 170C and grease two circular cake tins.
- With an electric whisk, cream together the sugar and the butter.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until really light.
- Divide the mix between the two cake tins and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 18-22 mins (until you can stick a knife in it and it comes out clean).
- Take out and leave to cool, in the mean time whisk together the butter and icing sugar to make butter cream for the filling.
- When the cake is cool, spread one cake with the buttercream and the other with the jam then sandwich together.
- Now you can either sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy or...
BOOM!!! Pikachu cake :)
(Yes its a bit rough around the edges but for a first go at fun icing pictures I'm chuffed.)