|Spaghetti substitute :)|
|Sorry its a bad picture, |
just wanted to show you
which brand I used.
I must say it came out rather well.
The ingredients for my noodle broth were as follows (for two people):
- Noodles enough for two (how much is up to you);
- 1 1/2 Mugs of water (you may need more);
- 3/4 Mug of coconut milk;
- Pinch of salt;
- Dash of soy sauce;
- Dash of lime juice;
- Chicken (diced) enough for two (again how much is up to you);
- 2-3 tsp of Tom Yum paste (Add these to taste as all pastes will be slightly different and everyone will like varying strength of flavours. Start with 2 then add more later to taste.)
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- (You can also add any vegetables you fancy e.g. red pepper, broccoli, mangatout and baby sweetcorn. Just slice them thin and throw them in 7 mins before serving.)
What you do:
- Pop the water into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Break the noodles into smaller pieces (I broke them into thirds) and add to the water with the salt, soy sauce, lime juice and kaffir lime leaves.
- When the noodles are cooked drain them BUT save the water and kaffir lime leaves as it will be used to make the broth.
- Now depending on how much water boiled off as you were cooking the noodles you may need to add a bit more to the pan, this will depend on how thick you want the broth in the end. I left mine as it was.
- Add the tom yum paste, the coconut and the chicken to the water in the pan and turn down to a simmer. Leave for 12-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. (This may take longer depending on the size of your chicken chunks.)
- If you are adding veg, pop it in the pan 10 minutes after the chicken.
- To serve separate the noodles out into two bowls and empty out the chicken any broth evenly on top of them.
- Enjoy :)
|Yum Yum :) - P.s. I didn't actually eat mine with chop sticks, I regret to say|
I'm not that skilled.